Friday, May 30, 2014

May!

So another month has come and gone! As May has come so has the beautiful sunshine and warm weather. Darik has been more than busy with work the past month. Not only has the nice weather kept him working 12+ hours a day but his company is currently expanding their services/service area. So if you have been looking for Darik in the last 30 days, let me know if you find him, because I would like to see him to!
With all good things come bad as well. Charleigh Jo had a really rough month. It started with her not eating and getting really sick. After 3 visits to the vet and lots of moolah$ spent, she finally started getting better. After finally returning to her happy and cheerful self , she over did it and hurt her back. So back to the vet we went to spend a little more moolah$. I think she was just doing all of this because Darik and I had been so busy this spring. She is officially off steroids today and finally jumping and running around again.
Now that Char is feeling better, our wonderful refrigerator died. Yes, I know this doesn't sound so bad, but we really liked our handy down frig and are really sad to see it go. So now with the remodeling I have been doing in the living room (painting and re-arranging) will continue into the kitchen. New coat of paint and some re-arranging and we should be good to go!
Also speaking of kitchens and food, Darik and I planted our very first garden this May. After finally getting it tilled and the vegetables planted we are so excited to see some veggies sprouting soon!
Between subbing, housework, taking care of Char, helping my grandparents and everything else in-between I just finished coaching my second year of high school fast-pitch softball. I assisted with the 9th grade/C squad this season. We started with 18 girls, with only 8 that knew how to play and ended with a total of 15 on the team and 15 that were competitive in their conference. It was a difficult season but I'm really glad I could be a part of those girls learning experience. I look forward to doing it again. Now I am playing co-ed on Sundays with the same team I have been with the past two years and also helping our niece Eboni play fast-pitch for the first time this summer on her U-10 team.
We cannot wait to enjoy all this beautiful weather and time together this summer. Hanging out with friends, grilling, doing some genealogy, working on the house, and just spending some time together as a family.
I'll try to update more often! Ta-Ta for now!
-Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment